Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Portraits from the Past

I love wednesdays, they are what I like to call the "tipping point" of the week, when you feel like you've hurdled over dreaded Monday and indifferent Tuesday and look forward to the day before friday and friday! Yay weekend.

My friend Ebewn or "@xanod" as we call her in twitterville drew a set of self portraits of herself, in turn I decided to - dig up - and scan some pencil sketches I made some time in 2006. I do remember these two quite vividly.

On the one night I was locked outside my flat and didn't want to bother my flat mates, so I took a picture of myself with my trusty camera phone and sketched away in the freezing cold.

This second night is more complicated than the other so I'll leave the - possibly boring - details but I woke up one morning and felt very androgynous so I took a picture of myself still in bed and made this sketch of it, accentuating my more masculine features.

No comments:

Post a Comment