Monday, October 5, 2009

100 Brands of Interest Vol III



My Butterfly logos have been featured in Vol III of 100 Brands of Interest by David Pache. Quite flattering and I'd like to thank David for the feature. I thought I'd make a quick post about my butterflies and what they represent. 

My name is Ebi, it's pronounced like AB in ABC, or A Bee. Plus my mother always called me BeeBee as a child. I have always had a thing for flowers, bumble bees and butterflies. So when I started out to design my logo it was only natural amongs other options that i try something with Bees and Butterflies. 

I write in cursive, this basically means my handwriting looks like something out of the 18th century and is quite hard to read. But pretty. lol. And when you write the cursive upper case E, B and I, the E and B look like the wings of a buttefly and the I like the Thorax. I also had another option which was a bumble bee, quite like the BEE in the IBM poster by Paul Rand. However I replaced the eyes with lower case "a"s.  I settled with the Butterfly and so my butterflies were born. I hope to do a poster with the Bees soon.


Some Logo Sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment